Prayer Items September 27th, 2020
1. Our 2020 Church Sub Theme is “Go & Bear Fruit” and this is the continuation of the 3-year main theme “Go Bear Fruit”. Let us actively pursue spiritual growth and encourage people whom we are disciple making to be disciple makers themselves. Please pray for the planning for the direction and execution of our coming 2021 church plans by our pastors and leaders in all 3 language congregations.
2. Pray for our Logos AGM this afternoon. We ask the Holy Spirit to move brothers and sisters to participate and prayerfully discern the future direction of our church community and we ask the Lord to be in charge to lead the AGM to proceed smoothly.
3. As the “COVID-19” outbreak continues as a community of believers let us look up to God during this difficult time. May we realize that Logos is not the building we worship together at, but the Disciple Making Community of believers. We continue to pray for the leadership team of the Church as they actively prepare for the proper arrangements for the reopening of the Church.
4. Pray for brothers and sisters affected by the outbreak, – everyday essential workers on the front lines, medical staffs caring for patients, those who are temporarily laid off, those who still need to go to work daily or need to work from home. Pray for the students and teachers to prepare for the start of the new school year in September and the difficulties they face.
5. As the emergency measures for Ontario are tightened up again, and we have been facing the 2nd wave of the pandemic, we ask the Lord to let us care about the needs of our family and friends. Pray for everyone to have one heart and the strength to face the changes in this new phase and to prepare for the potential second wave of the outbreak.
For God’s Kingdom
1. Pray for our missionaries and ministry partners near and far. We ask God to keep them free from viral infections during this trying time.
2. Pray for the upcoming Logos Joint Mission Conference, which will be held on October 16th (English Ministry), and 17th (Cantonese/ Mandarin/Children Ministry). Please pray for the speakers Dr. Rev. Harding Ng (Cantonese/Mandarin), Cid Latty (EM), and Vance Sutherland (Children), and we ask God to help motivate us to participate in his Kingdom Work.
3. May we learn to love each other, practice love and peace, and live the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying for:
a. Frontline workers. May God protect them from infection by the virus. May God look after their families at this challenging time.
b. People who are temporarily laid off, small businesses suffering from loss of income, and families struggling with their finances. We ask God’s mercy to lead them out of this difficult situation in their material needs.
c. Elderly people living in long-term care and retirement homes, and to pray for those who have been isolated, causing anxiety and unease; we ask the Lord to comfort them during this difficult time.
d. Opportunities to bless others from our Church’s special COVID-19 Community Initiatives Newsletter and parents with kids who both work from home for God to help them use their time wisely and properly balance their daily schedule.
e. Please continue to pray for the worldwide outbreak of the COVID-19. We ask God’s mercy to heal those who are infected, and comfort those losing their loves ones due to this COVID-19.
f. Pray for our governmental leaders in Canada and Ontario as we are facing the 2nd wave of the pandemic. We ask God to continue leading our government to seek for the best policies to protect our citizens.
4. As the pandemic worsens, please pray for our opportunities to bless our surrounding community through our community concern ministry initiatives. May this be a blessing opportunity for us to share who Jesus is to those from our community who do not know Him.
5. Please pray for the causalities and the properties damaged in the forest fire in the USA, and also pray for the health of the citizens in the adjacent cities such as Vancouver, Seattle, etc., affected by the heavy smoke, and air pollution. Pray for the safety and wellbeing of our communities in Toronto, and the natural disasters caused by extreme weather around the world. We also pray for the current social and civil unrest worldwide due to racial injustices, and the social conflicts in Hong Kong, and the 3rd wave of COVID-19 there. May God’s sovereign hand be in control of these difficult situations in the world.
1. Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Tuesdays at 7:30PM, Wednesdays at 7:30PM, Thursdays at 10:30AM, and Friday at 10:30AM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
2. Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they have Bible Study Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Small Group Night on Friday, October 2nd, as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have Thanksgiving Celebration Night on Saturday, October 10th. May this time of church suspension of physical gatherings be a time for these fellowship and small group ministries to grow and be strengthened.
3. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
4. Pray for the transition of the Grade 6s as they go into EM / YM and their YM coaches to disciple them to go and bear fruit. We also pray for the transition of our Grade 8s into High School and Grade 12s into post-secondary education.
1. Pray for our children that they will experience peace and protection from God during this period of time.
2. Pray for Sunlight Bundles, May God guide our coaches for program planning, help kids learn God’s love and grace through the fellowship.