Prayer Items August 9th, 2020
For our Church Community
1. As the “COVID-19” outbreak continues and the church holds virtual worship gatherings, as a community of believers let us look up to God during this difficult time together. May we realize that Logos is not the building we worship together at, but the Disciple Making Community of believers. May we use this time to grow our spiritual lives and develop a deeper relationship with God during this time period. We continue to pray for the leadership team of the Church as they actively prepare for the proper arrangements for the reopening of the Church and the pastoral and administrative staff can adapt to the current second phase of the reopening of the Church Building.
2. Our 2020 Church Sub Theme is “Go & Bear Fruit” and this is the continuation of the 3-year main theme “Go Bear Fruit”. Let us actively pursue spiritual growth and encourage people whom we are disciple making to be disciple makers themselves.
3. Please pray for the planning for the direction and execution of our coming 2021 church plans by our pastors and leaders in all 3 language congregations.
4. Pray for brothers and sisters affected by the outbreak, – everyday essential workers on the front lines, medical staffs caring for patients, those who are temporarily laid off, those who still need to go to work daily or need to work from home, students who need to adapt to online learning and teachers who teach online.
5. As the emergency measures for Ontario are gradually being relaxed, and we enter into Phase 3, we pray for safety and health for everyone as we adapt to the New Normal.
6. As we continue through the summer season, we pray for a meaningful time for our brothers and sisters, and an opportunity to rest with our families.
7. Please pray for Rev. Fred Chiu as he is visiting his family in Hong Kong. We ask God to protect him from viral infections during his stay in Hong Kong and that everything goes well on his trip.
8. We thank God for the fruitful completion of our Koinonia Leadership Track, please continue to pray for the Summer Students as they continue to serve.
9. We pray for the ongoing Logos Family Photo Initiative. May it be a time of reminding us about the importance of church community during this COVID – 19 pandemic.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for our missionaries and ministry partners near and far. We ask God to keep them free from viral infections during this trying time.
- May we learn to love each other, practice love and peace, and live the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying for:
a. Frontline workers. May God protect them from infection by the virus. May God look after their families at this challenging time.
b. People who are temporarily laid off, small businesses suffering from loss of income, and families struggling with their finances. We ask God’s mercy to lead them out of this difficult situation in their material needs.
c. Elderly people living in long-term care and retirement homes, and to pray for those who have been isolated, causing anxiety and unease; we ask the Lord to comfort them during this difficult time.
d. Opportunities to bless others from our Church’s special COVID-19 Community Initiatives Newsletter and parents with kids who both work from home for God to help them use their time wisely and properly balance their daily schedule.
e. Please continue to pray for the worldwide outbreak of the COVID-19. We ask God’s mercy to heal those who are infected, and comfort those losing their loves ones due to this COVID-19.
f. Pray for our governmental leaders in Canada and Ontario as they we enter Phase 3 reopening. May they have wisdom to balance the need to protect people from COVID – 19 and desire to go back to the normal.
- Please pray for our opportunities to bless our surrounding community through summer outreach evangelical ministry. May this be a blessing opportunity for us to share who Jesus is to those from our community who do not know him.
- Please pray for the recent Beirut explosion that caused massive casualties and damage in the area. We also pray for the safety and wellbeing of our communities in Toronto and the natural disasters caused by extreme weather around the world.. We also pray for the current social and civil unrest worldwide due to racial injustices, and the social and civil conflicts in Hong Kong, and the 3rd wave of COVID-19 there. May God’s sovereign hand be in control of these difficult situations in the world.
1. Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Tuesdays at 7:30PM, Wednesdays at 7:30PM, Thursdays at 10:30AM, and Friday at 10:30AM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
2. Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they have Prayer and Sharing Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Fellowship Night on Friday, August 14th, as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have End of Summer Celebration Night on Saturday, August 23rd. May this time of church suspension of physical gatherings be a time for these fellowship and small group ministries to grow and be strengthened.
3. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
4. Pray for the transition of the Grade 6s as they go into EM / YM and their YM coaches to disciple them to go and bear fruit.
5. Pray for our ongoing Summer Life Together, where EM and YM can come together to be more enriched about the truths of God and how to apply it in our daily lives.
- Pray for our children that they will experience peace and protection from God during this period of time.
- Pray for Sonlight bundles. May our children learn more about God and experience His love more deeply.