News & Announcements April 26th, 2020
Welcome ALL to join our Worship Service on our Church YouTube Channel LBC (Milliken)
Next Week’s EM/YM Easter Sunday Joint Service (Pre-recorded)
- Worship Speaker : Rev. Peter Mah
- Passage for Message: Matthew 22:34 – 40 & 28:16 – 20
Our EM/YM Joint Sunday worship will start at 11:30 AM on YouTube.
Sunday Service Special Arrangement for Church Activities
In response to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, church meetings and activities will be suspended or held in the form of online gatherings, please visit the Church’s website for more information.
- Sunday Service (pre-recorded)
- Weekly Share and Prayer (Online Zoom Meetings)
- External Community Activities (Suspended)
- Baptismal Service (Suspended)
- Retirement Lunch for Rev. Stephen Chung (Postponed)
- Parenting Training: Bounce Back & Thrive! (Postponed)
As we transition from our Gospel of Mark Series talking about the Life of Jesus during this COVID 19 Pandemic, we will be continuing our 1st and 2nd Timothy Series talking about what it means to intentionally disciple another person and to bear fruit through that.
Baptism —Please stay tuned for more information about our next Baptismal Service. If you have any questions about Baptism and / or want to get baptized, please talk to Rev. George or Pastor Mike.
Koinonia Camp 2020
1. The camp will run five weeks from July 13th to August 14th.
Children Track – JK to Gr. 4;
Leadership Track – Gr. 5 to Gr. 8.
Registration forms can be downloaded from the church website.
(Please stay tuned as we continually monitor the situation of the COVID-19 outbreak.)
2. Staff Recruitment — We are recruiting for staff positions for Koinonia Camp 2020. Please see the church website for information on how to apply. The deadline to apply is April 30th. If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to talk to Pastor Angelina or Pastor Mike.
- Sunday service — worship bulletin can be downloaded from our Logos website at the following link:
- We are continuing our children program (grade 1-6) at 9:30 AM every Sunday either through Zoom or YouTube. For information on how to join, please visit
Softball season is just around the corner! Sign-ups begin today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and closest intersection. If you are under 19 and wish to play or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email or talk to Esther Fung or Jensen Wong. There may be a possibility of the season being cancelled because of COVID–19 and May 3rd is the final day to sign up.
1. Special Offering
a. We willbe collecting a special offering for Yonge Street Mission to support those who are living in poverty and homeless during this difficult time. If you want to participate, please use the tithe.ly app and choose Give to: “Others” and in the Note write: “Yonge Street Mission”.
b. We had collected a total of $8,061.93 for the Logos Benevolence Fund over the previous 2 weeks for special offering. Thanks to all brothers and sisters for their generosity to support and love those in need.
2. LBCM Financial Highlights 2020
The above financial highlight is for your information. The April, July, October and January statements are given here; while the annual financial statements will be distributed at the Annual General Meeting in March.
3. News of Members
Sister Elaine Kwok’s father passed away on April 22nd in Hong Kong. May God comfort the family at this difficult moment.
4. News of Pastors, co-workers and church office
a. Pastors and office staff are working from home and can be contacted email cellular number, or WhatsApp. You can also call the Church at 905-305-6467, and press “0” immediately to access the church message box. Please leave a simple message including your name and contact number and you will be contacted shortly.
b. Due to COVID-19, the church building is closed until further notice.