Prayer Items February 23rd, 2020
For our Church Community
- Our 2020 Church Sub Theme is “Go & Bear Fruit” and this is the continuation of the 3-year main theme “Go‧Bear Fruit”. Let us actively pursue spiritual growth and encourage people whom we are disciple making to be disciple makers themselves.
- Pray for our Town Hall Meeting to be held on March 1st and the AGM on March 22nd. We also seek for brothers’ and sisters’ prayerful discernment if Rev. George Mah should become our Senior Pastor through voting on March 22nd. We ask brothers and sisters to pray with one heart and ask the Lord to lead our decision in line with his will alone.
- Please pray for the direction and execution of our 2020 church plans by our pastors and leaders in all 3 language congregations.
- Pray for the Deacon Board Structure/Function Review Committee meeting on March 8th.
- Please pray for our Church as we are looking for an EM Pastor and a Pastor for Youth (Cantonese/Mandarin).
- Please pray for our EM/YM annual Winter Retreat at Fair Havens Retreat Centre from Friday, February 21st to 23rd; pray that brothers and sisters will have a fruitful time and communion.
- In the uncertain circumstances of the novel coronavirus outbreak, let us pray with one heart to God for guidance, security, and unity to face this challenge together as a church. Pray for our generous spirit to partner with CBM to bless Wuhan and its neighboring villages with the special offering.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for our missionaries near and far. We ask God to expand and equip them with more brothers, sisters, and opportunities to share Jesus in 2020.
- Pray for the ministry in Trinidad that LBC Joint Mission have been planning. Please pray as we continue to prepare for the project; may God fulfill His will through all these works.
- Please pray especially for families or individuals with spiritual and material needs. May we learn to love each other and practice the love of Christ to them.
- Pray for Rev. Johnny Loh for his “Cross-Cultural and Second Generation Ministry” in Bolivia and the Bolivian Amazon, where he will serve three indigenous groups and begin his ministry in Guadalajara, a second-tier city.
- Please continue to pray for the worldwide outbreak of the novel coronavirus (CoVID-19) and ask God for HIS mercy so that the outbreak is brought under control and the sick will be healed.
- Pray for our EM prayer meetings on every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7:30 PM in room B03 and that people will be encouraged to participate in them.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they have Small Group Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Off Night on Friday, February 28th as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have Worship Discussion Night on Saturday, March 14th.
- Pray for our sister Grace Chan who is currently battling cancer. May God grant her doctors wisdom to give her the best care.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
- Pray for our needs for more teachers. May God raise up new Sunday School teachers, leaders, welcome desk helpers and helpers in general.
- Pray for “Bounce Back & Thrive” parenting training; may God use the training to help families grow in healthy ways.