Prayer Items November 10, 2019
For our Church Community
1. Our 2019 Church Sub Theme is “Fish for People” and as we continue to make disciples from “Me” (Individual) to “We” (Church) and eventually to “Others”, may we all experience how to be Fishers of People as we go and bear fruit.
2. Please pray for our pastors and leaders as they plan for the Year 2020 and for the continuous journey towards a disciple-making church.
3. Please pray for our Church as we are looking for an EM Pastor and an Assistant Pastor for Youth (Cantonese & Mandarin).
4. Please pray for Board of Deacons meeting on Sunday Nov. 10th and the Congregation Representative Election for Deacon Board Structure/ Function Review Committee on Nov. 24th.
5. We thank God that we have learned more about the services and challenges in the mission field, through our mission month in October. We ask God for more opportunities in the future to share our faith with people around us as we go and bear fruit.
6. Pray for brothers and sisters to be baptized and those who are praying about the decision to get baptized.
For God’s Kingdom
1. Pray for Rev. Wilson Lu as he continues his seminary studies in Toronto and the arrangement for his liaisons with missionary organizations and local churches. Pray also for the family’s adjustment after returning to Canada.
2. Please also remember in your prayer sister Wendy Lai and her husband Keith Kwan having left for Mexico on Nov. 5th for a 6-month mid-term mission trip.
3. Pray for Rev. Andrew Lee for the “Afri Link” ministry in Hong Kong, and also for Mrs. Lee’s health for her joints, and pancreatic endocrine tumor.
4. Thank God to continue giving us the chance to participate in the OCC Shoebox campaign this year. This is a unique activity that allows us to participate in person, and to send joy and hope through these shoeboxes to every child in the world who lives in despair. We also thank God that we had collected 212 shoeboxes up to last Sunday. May God continue to bless OCC’s ministry and let God’s kingdom continue to expand.
5. Please remember in your prayer the ongoing LBC food drive campaign, and may our brothers and sisters participate and bring love to the communities and families in need.
6. Pray for the newly elected federal government and members of Parliament, we ask God to give wisdom to the new government to govern Canada intelligently.
7. Pray for Hong Kong and for the people affected by the incidents. We ask that God’s Sovereign Hand be at work in Hong Kong during this time.
1. Pray for our EM prayer meetings on every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7:30 pm in room B03 and that people will be encouraged to participate in them.
2. Pray for our EM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Operation Christmas Child Packing Night on Friday, November 15th, as well as Philia (Junior High) as they will have Bible Study Night on Saturday, November 23rd.
3. Pray for our sister Grace Chan who is currently battling cancer. May God grant her doctors wisdom to give her the best care.
4. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
1. Pray for Teacher’s Spiritual Retreat on Nov. 16th, pray that teachers and families would join us for a day of learning, fun and rest.
2. Pray for the day we will join National Day of Prayer for Kids on Nov 17th, 2019, we pray for our children having spiritual depth, missional heart, family life, church life, and school life. May our children grow to be devoted followers of Christ in all aspects of their lives.