Prayer Items August 25, 2019
For our Church Community
1. Our 2019 Church Sub Theme is “Fish for People” and as we continue to make disciples from “Me” (Individual) to “We” (Church) and eventually to “Others”, may we all experience how to be Fishers of People as we go and bear fruit.
2. Please pray for pastors, who have been planning the future direction of our Church in 2020. We ask God to give the pastors a unified vision as we go and bear fruit as a Church.
3. Please pray for brothers and sisters, who sit on the nomination Committee for the 2020 Church Councils. May God give them wisdom and discernment to elect the appropriate Church Councils members for 2020.
4. Pray for our brothers and sisters to participate in the church’s service and to seize the opportunity to preach the Gospel so that we can build good relationships in this community and neighborhood, so that we can give good testimony to the Gospel, and know more unbelievers.
5. As the summer holidays draw to a close, parents are actively preparing for the start of their children’s schoolyear. Please pray for parents and students at all levels, and guidance for students as they start a new year.
6. Please remember the gospel outreach activities (English classes, Scouts), which will continue from September. Please also pray for two evangelical meetings, and we ask the Lord to keep the gathering smooth, and inspire us to participate and seize the opportunity to preach the gospel.
For God’s Kingdom
1. Thank God for the successful completion of Koinonia Summer Camp; we ask God to let the campers remember what they learned in the camp, so that the seeds of the gospel can germinate and grow in their hearts, and share the joy of the gospel with their families.
2. Please pray for Rev. Wilson Lu’s service in Panama, as the preparations of the “Practical Course on Theology for Believers” are now under way; this course will equip the Church of Panama with more spiritual leaders for the Kingdom of God. Please also pray for the health of Mrs. Lu as she has been suffering from cold, we ask the Lord to heal her entirely.
3. Please pray for the on-going preparation of the short term mission to Panama City from September 18th to Oct. 1st.
4. Please also pray for the LBC joint mission to Trinidad in September 15-19th. Rev. George Mah and Rev. Stephen Chung will participate in this mission trip.
5. Pray for Hong Kong and those who are affected by what is occurring in the city. We ask that God’s Sovereign Hand be at work in Hong Kong during this time.
1. Pray for our EM prayer meetings on every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7:30 pm in room B03 and that people will be encouraged to participate in them.
2. Pray for our ongoing Summer Life Together today onwards as we go through what it means to be a “We” Church that focuses on making disciples around the world and in our neighborhoods.
3. Pray for our EM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they will have a night off on Friday Aug. 30th to end off the summer.
4. Pray for our sister Grace Chan who is currently battling cancer. May God grant her doctors wisdom to give her the best care.
5. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
1. Pray for those serving in children ministry. May they draw their strength and wisdom from God as they faithfully serve our church families.
2. Pray for the coming Pathfinder, pray for our coaches and students to experience God’s grace and love.